(This recipe works best for Tender New York, Ribeye, Prime Rib, and Tenderloin Steaks. For moderately tender sirloin steaks or tougher round steaks we recommend our next post )
- Bring steak to room temperature, pat dry, and generously season with freshly ground pepper and sea salt.
- Let the steaks "season" for at least an hour, then preheat the oven to 300F.
- Prepare cast iron pan by heating until very hot and then add olive oil and butter - 1 T each
- Add steak and fry for 2 minutes per side (use a timer)
- Place pan with steaks in oven until internal temp of 120 F is reached ( for rare) about 2-5 mins.
- Remove from oven when desired doneness is achieved
- Remove steaks from pan, cover with a pat of butter & foil and let rest for 5 minutes - ENJOY!!