English Style Roast
(Prime Rib Roast, Cross Rib Roast, Round Roast, Eye of Round Roast)
1. Take your Roast out of the freezer and thaw
2. Before cooking, make sure to bring your roast to room temperature
3. Preheat your over to 325 degrees
4. Generously Salt and Pepper your Roast
5. If you desire, and we definitely recommend, add some rosemary – it’s absolutely stunning!
6. As a rule of thumb, your roast will need 20 minutes per pound. For a 4 pound roast, it takes approximately 80 minutes to cook. More important than time, TEMPERATURE will dictate your perfect Roast!
7. Put your roast in a roast pan and place in you 325 degree over, uncovered
8. You will need a meat thermometer to get the temperature perfect! If you want Medium Rare, take the meat to 130 degree. Once it gets there – remove it from the oven and roaster and let it rest, covered with foil until the rest of the meal is ready.
9. Right before serving, quickly sear the outside of the roast on high heat in your cast iron pan with butter.
10. Serve and enjoy :)