To cook your perfect hamburger all you need to Mitchell Bros. Ground Beef, either a BBQ or a cast iron pan, butter, and salt n pepper.
Each package of Mitchell Bros. Ground Beef is approximately 1lb. Split the package evenly into 4 for 1/4 lb burgers.
*Because Grass Finished Beef is leaner then conventional beef, make sure to always cook your burgers at a lower temperature to make sure that you don't overcook*
- Prepare the BBQ or your cast iron pan for cooking by preheating at a medium temperature. For the BBQ you should be able to hod your hand about 6 inches away from the flames for 4-6 seconds. For your cast iron pan, add the butter and once it starts to brown, you're ready to go
- Shape your ground beef into equal size patties and press your thumb down in the middle to make an indentation. The resulting dimple will help prevent the burger from shrinking.
- Generously season the patties with Salt N Pepper on both sides
- Turn the heat down to medium-low (either on the cast iron or the BBQ)
- Place your patties onto either the grill or the cast iron pan
- Cook them uncovered for about 1-2 minutes each side, until the bottom of the meat caramelizes and becomes a little charred. Flip them and cook for another 1-2 minutes
- Serve :)